19/07/2012

THOUGHTS

Hello, sorry I've been away for so long. The truth is I didn't really know what to blog about. Maybe because I didn't have anything blog worthy. Or maybe I was too busy. I sort of hope it was because I was enjoying life and not worrying about blogging. I don't think that was the case either. I was reading other peoples blogs and thinking "I really must post something soon". It's been 2 days since my last post. 3 days. 4, 5, and now 6? However why do I really care? Does anyone really care? This isn't a for profit blog. Not currently anyway, maybe in the future who knows. It was set up first as a pure illustration blog, recording my work and only that. Nothing really about my life or home, or anything outside illustration. Then Stanley came along and I felt lost in my work, out of touch and sort of re-invented the blog to include him. To post creatively, to make me feel like that part of my life, being a Mum was also work, creative work. Somewhere along the line my hits went up a bit. Nothing major really but that made me feel I ought to blog more, and made me conscious about what content I was posting. I feel like I've become a jack/blog of all trades, master of...... Posting on random subjects, not really sticking to one thing. I'm not sure this really matters, but I think recently I felt my posts have become content weak. I'm just sticking up a few pictures and writing a sentence or two, not really worthy of a whole blog post but desperate to make sure I've at least blogged today. Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is perhaps I'll blog a little less, but hope to have more interesting posts. I think that sounds like total common sense now, but took me a while to realise it! I hope that the mixture of the illustration/baby thing is ok too. And those of you that read my blog for illustration don't roll your eyes when a 'Stanley Style' or other baby related post crops up. I've realised too that blogging properly takes time, which I don't have a vast amount of. I like my evenings to myself and my husband and don't want to be attached to this darn computer when Stanley has gone to bed. I want to enjoy my time instead of documenting it and sticking it up here for all to see. I also need to do work. Paid work. I need to get cracking on several book projects that I have to devote much more time to if I'm going to succeed at them. Hopefully I'll be able to post about them up here soon, and many more interesting things....just maybe not so often in future. Thanks for reading and commenting though when you do. It is always nice to hear from you.

♥ S & s

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, I totally feel where you are coming from on this post. I've really enjoyed blogging and evolving my blog into what it is now (although I too worry that it is a bit too 'baby blog'..well more of a shrine to Wilf sometimes but ah). But like you I set out just to share my illustrations, then when I started blogging about personal events my hits went up quite a bit..I realised people liked reading about my life and I in turn got more interested in photography and sharing pictures of my life. Recently I started accepting sponsors on my blog and the odd paid for post and I started to worry about the amount I was posting..I hadnt posted in a few days and I felt pressure too as people had paid for their sponsor slot..I think its finding a balance, which I'm not sure I've worked out yet..so basically I think I am saying I know exactly how you feel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say I really like your blog, and I really really like your illustrations!! I understand how you feel too- sometimes I feel like I get more done if I decide not to blog- and then I can just really get into drawing and creating things that are just for me. That's when some of my work (if any!!) become a bit more 'blog worthy', because i'm not just doing stuff for the sake of it. But I really admire you and I've always loved your work- you are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Sarah you truely are a women after my own heart, and have written exactly what I feel about this blogging lark! I love it, but I hate the pressure, and the need to post...And feel guilty when I'm just enjoying life rather than blogging about it!

    But at the same times do love your blog and all the content you post; your work, Stanley style, words, foods and I like the post with little snapshots of your days and life a lot! They're simple, don't need much explanation but are just lovely to peek at!

    Xx

    P.s how's those bristol plans coming along?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I am a new reader and fellow mum just wanted to say I love your blog and your illustrations. Have found inspiration for books for my 15 month old and meals too from you. Look forward to future posts, even if there are less of them! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah I haven't commented before as I disnt know how! Still have to do it as anon instead of my acc but hey ho. Jut wanted to say that I really love your blog, love hearing about Stanley and your latest work, and getting a glimpse inti the world of such a cool and creative mama. It gives me hope that becoming a mum doesnt mean the end of creativity and fun! Hope your enjoy your blogging break and I look forward to seeing your next update whenever you feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing about your illustration and Stanley. He's such a big part of your life. Makes me want to have a kid though hehe.

    Keep up the lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya, sister. I have had the same thoughts at times. Just do what you can when you can and we will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! I totally agree with you and sometimes i feel the same. The most important thing is as you said,people should enjoy their time instead of documenting it. There are so many people around who can't taste the ice cream because of being busy with photographing it!
    All the best,
    Gulcin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sarah Dyer - Blog