Ok so I finally got round to posting up round two of my t-shirt painting. Part one is here. This time I used the black fabric paint and just some paint brushes. I had washed and then ironed the t-shirt to give a smooth surface to paint on, and also so it would not shrink any further and distort the final image. The paint went on pretty well and I wanted to be able to see the brush marks a bit so I was happy enough with the mark making it produced. I opted for a fairly simple image to begin with - I think the more graphic black and white images stand out and look less 'home made'!
I just drew it on freehand rather than try and trace anything. I learned from my previous mistake with the green paint and made sure there were more layers of newsprint underneath so the ink did not seep through. All in all I was quite happy with the end result. This one washed up much better and Stanley seemed happy to wear it, declaring "Meeow!" when he saw it!
If you do any t-shirt printing I'd love to see the end result. Please link back in the comments section so we can all see. Fun things to do on rainy and cold afternoons!