13/12/2011

On Tuesday we Read...


..."Rosie's Walk" by Pat Hutchins and "The Happy Lion" by Louise Fatio and illustrated by Roger Duvoisin.
I chose two books today because they are so similar in colour and they are published in similar eras. It just felt right!

Rosie's Walk is an amazing book. A full 32 page picture book story told in just 31 words. It has suspense, humour and drama captured in its stunning illustrations. a very good first read book I guess for children, but I love it for it's beautiful 60s illustrations.






The Happy Lion is illustrated by Roger Duvoisin who was born in 1904. He's illustrated 40 books - including those featuring Veronica, the conspicuous hippopotamus, and Petuna the silly goose. and more than 100 written by other authors!





When I say 'we read' what we actually wanted to do today was climb away....



Still at least for the first time in weeks I've managed to post this on a TUESDAY!!!! Hooray!

S xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I am intrigued in the story told in just 31 words. Love the illustrations- especially the fox!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Sarah Dyer - Blog